Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Good Day Bad Day







The Good News is that we finalized the Chinese portion of the adoption making her legally ours from the Chinese standpoint.



After leaving the Civil Affairs office, our guide took us to a shopping area which was very busy. Nothing like you have ever seen in the States. Anyway, I kept telling Darlene "lets get out of here", as I just felt uncomfortable being so crowded, especially since I had a large amount of US Dollars on me for official fees. I carried it in my front right pocket which is deep rather than in my wallet or backback as suggested by the guide. In an instant, someone stuck a lit cigarette on my left arm, which made me not only distracted but made me take my right hand out of my pocket to rub the burn. I was then bumped from behind not knowing immediately I was just robbed of about $2100.00 US cash. All but one dollar we had left for remaining fees and food for the trip. So to say the least, it was a bittersweet day.



The most important thing is that the girls are safe. We will figure out the money thing somehow. I feel like quite the idiot that this could happen to me.



Most important is the fact that Kaia is doing better than we ever could have hoped for. We will update soon.



Tim

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How awful for you. It's good that all of you are okay though.